Publisher: Indian Society of Extension Education
Online ISSN: 2454-552X
Print ISSN: 0537- 1996
Number of issues per year: 4
Review Process: Double Blind Peer Review, Refereed Journal
Month(s) of publication: March, June, September and December
Indian Society of Extension Education founded on 12th June, 1964. At present, there are more than 2000 life members with the mission to advance the cause of extension education. The Society publishes quarterly research journal entitled, Indian Journal of Extension Education since 1965.
The Society organizes Seminars, Symposia, Workshops and Conventions at National and International level on topics of national importance. The society has also brought out several proceedings, souveniers, seminar recommendations, books on nominal cost. Indian Journal of Extension Education (ISSN 0537- 1996 print & ISSN 2454-552X online) has got the highest NAAS rating among Extension Journals i.e. 5.92 (effective from 1/01/2017).
1. Publishing an extension education journal, which shall be called “Indian Journal of Extension Education”, books, monographs etc. The journal shall publish research articles, book-reviews, reports etc.
2. Facilitating closer association amongst members and other scientific workers in India and abroad for promoting professional experience in teaching, research and extension.
3. Encouraging fundamental as well as applied researches in the field of extension education.
4. Organizing National/International symposia, Seminars, Workshops, Conferences, Training Programmes etc. for dissemination of scientific knowledge among scientists, extension personnel, policy makers, and administrators.
5. Undertaking any other activities as approved by the Executive Council of the Society.